Thursday 9 August 2007

A morning on London's South Bank

This morning I walked along the river from Waterloo to the Wibbly Wobbly bridge by the Tate Modern and just had to stop and take pictures along the way, as there are so many great sights.

Over the last ten years or so, the South Bank of the Thames has developed into one of the greatest places in London.

The fancy lamp posts along the river are one of my favourite features and they remind me that the river walk was a happening place once before, but got forgotten for a number of years...

The Tate Modern is my all time favourite gallery. It has on a Dali exhibition at the moment and I was sorely tempted to forget all about work and enjoy the exhibition instead. However, I resisted the temptation and went off to work one last day before my holiday begins!

No comments: